Friday, November 19, 2010

From La Palma to Sal

From La Palma to Sal

This was one of our rougher passages so far. It wasn't the roughest, that was our little jaunt to the Bahamas early last year. It was, however, moderately rough. At least for the middle part it was. During that time I was seriously sick. I haven't been seriously sick for quite a while. I guess it must have been the Sibari-Ithaca jump. I think I was a little seasick on the way to the Canaries, but that was just not eating. This was genuine seasickness. I hadn't felt that was for months, and I absolutely hated it. The first day was fine, pretty calm, and I managed to do schoolwork. Then it was rough for two days. After that it started to calm down, but I didn't totally recover until the next day. The port we are anchored in is called Palmeira, on the west coast of the island Sal, in the Cape Verde Islands. I don't know how long we are staying here, but it's really nice to finally be able to swim again.
--Orion Date
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment