Friday, December 31, 2010

The Tobago Cays

The Tobago Cays

In my opinion, it are one of the most beautiful places in the world. Mom and Dad share my opinion, and I hope Rigel does as well. The anchorage is protected by a huge, horseshoe shaped reef to the north, east, ad west, and a number of small islands and patches of reef to the south. I simply love it. The water is crystal clear, there is an abundance of fish and plant life, the reef makes excellent snorkeling, and to top it all off, the whole thing is a marine park with an area inhabited by a group of sea turtles. I saw a sea turtle near the boat while swimming, but it seemed to be ignoring me and everybody else. When we snorkeled on the reef, there were tons of small fish of brilliant colors swimming all over the coral. Apparently there is less coral then last time Dad was here. He says that there were several hurricanes tat damaged the reef and killed a lot of the delicate coral. It is still extremely beautiful, and it leaves me with no doubt as to why the Caribbean is famous as a wonderful place.
--Orion Date
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment