Monday, June 6, 2011

Two Years and Five Days Ago

Two Years and Three Days

That's how long it's been since we left Amelia Island Yacht Basin for Bermuda. Two years and four days ago was my last day of sixth grade, and my last day of regular school. I can't believe that we have been away from the United States for two entire years, but I have learned far more about the world than I ever could from a textbook. This trip has taken up almost one seventh of my life, and it has made a huge difference in my view of the world. I have actually seen the Parthenon, and The Last Supper, and Mount Etna, and Stromboli, Pompeii, the Italian Alps, the Rock of Gibraltar, Knossos, Vesuvius, Rome, the Coliseum, and countless other amazing sights I would have only seen pictures of at home. This has been a wonderful experience for me, and I am sorry to see it come to and end.
--Orion Date
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment