Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In Italy Now

I'm NOT in the Med. Or I am. It's just that my brain can't accept that. I don't feel like it at all. I also don't know that I've passed through the straits of Gibraltar. Maybe I will someday. But not now.
Anyway, most of our way there is finished. We are now safely in Italy for the winter. Our next detonation is Greece I will see Athens and Sparta and all the rest. We are also going to see Rome here. Or whatever's left of it.
Our schoolwork here has been different. I have been reading the lesson manuals. That is the teacher's job usually. Here it isn't. I also have less work.
Others will be reading about these places. Meanwhile, I will be looking at the things that others will be reading about. Kind of ironic, isn't it? Then again, they probably will not read about Bermuda or the Azores. Some will be jealous. Some will be impressed. Some will say "you should have seen the mall, dude". That can't change facts.
Well, being at the other side of the Atlantic doesn't feel like much, but (according to daddy) I will think differently back at the side where I used to be.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your stay in Italy. How long are you likely to be there?

    ReplyDelete