Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Ferries

For as long as we have been in this anchorage, there has almost always
been ferries going in or out. Now, I wouldn't have a problem with that,
except these ferries make the most enormous wakes. The biggest ones come
from hydrofoils. This is because when they come off of plane, their
whole weight comes down on the water, creating huge displacement waves.
We are experiencing a wake as I write this. It's also irritating when
swimming, because you will take a breath and be quite surprised when you
get a mouthful of water instead of air. I realize the need for these
ferries, but I cannot help but be annoyed with them.

-- Orion Date

P.S. I agree wholeheartedly with my brother's statements about Easyjet,
it stinks.

1 comment:

  1. You must be anchored on the East side of the island. Any chance you can move around to the West bay an get away from the ferries. You know, the bay where we first met Vulcano Is.

    ReplyDelete