Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vulcano (again)

Vulcano (again)

For a few days we have been in one or the other of the two anchorages near Gran Cratere. Gran Cratere is the active crater of Vulcano, the small island off Sicily that we visited last year. It's very different now, there is a small marina in the larger anchorage, and the island is extremely crowded now that it is summer. Where we are now it is possible to smell the odor of sulfur that emanates from the mud baths. I still don't understand why people like to slather themselves with mud and then wash it off in the sea. It seems a little bit weird to me. Oh well, I guess that some people think that it's healthy mud, and it may be, I wouldn't know. I seems like just foul-smelling mud to me. Well, this is a very familiar place, and I'm glad to be here again.
-- Orion Date
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment