Saturday, September 11, 2010

Doughnuts

Doughnuts

This may seem odd to you, but I am extremely happy about something involving doughnuts. Two days ago I found a box of four doughnuts at a supermarket in Palma. I read the label as always, just hoping for the odd chance that it wouldn't have eggs. Then I read it again. And again. Nowhere on the ingredients list did I see the words "huevo" or "cacahuetes", these being the Spanish words for eggs and peanuts. For those who don't know, I have a deadly allergy to peanuts, and am slightly less allergic to eggs, among other things. For the first time in a year and a half, I had found doughnuts that I was not allergic to. The doughnuts totally disappeared that night, being eaten by Rigel and I during a movie. Yesterday I got another package, and those will probably suffer a similar fate to their predecessors tonight.
-- Orion Date
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment